Blurb:
A new series from the author of the Moonshine Task Force Series! Laurel Springs, AL is about to be hotter than a mid-August thunderstorm.
When the Moonshine Task Force is absorbed into a new entity, Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team (LSERT) new faces come to town, new love is born, old love is found again, and there’s a plethora of drama and romance happening all over the tri-county area. LSERT puts police, firefighters, nurses, doctors, K-9 handlers, and EMT’s all in harm’s way as they work to keep the area safe from any threat. Emotions run high, passions ignite.
Come with me, back to Laurel Springs, in what's sure to be a wild ride!
Ransom Thompson
For years I’ve wanted two things - to be a member of the Moonshine Task Force and to be the man Stella Kepler can’t live without.
One out of two isn’t bad, or so I tell myself. Being the only K-9 handler for The MTF presents its own share of obstacles, but me and Rambo? We make it work. Life is status quo, until I’m called in to help with what appears to be a hostage situation and Stella is right in the middle of it.
This is my one chance, and I’m not going to blow it.
Stella Kepler
When I’m stuck in an examination room holding a hurt woman and a man with a gun, I do the only thing I can. I sneak out, call 911 and hope help comes quickly. It does.
In the form of Ransom Thompson.
He and I have known each other since we were babies. Our mother’s are friends, our dad’s work together, and we’ve always been friends.
Only, the last few months I’ve started to notice things. How mature he is, how alpha he can be, the chiseled six-pack, and the abundance of ink spreading across his body.
When I offer to cook him dinner for saving me, neither one of us know how that one moment will change the course of the rest of our lives.
Audible: Ransom Audiobook by Laramie Briscoe
Chirp: Ransom by Laramie Briscoe - Audiobook (No Subscription)
Kobo: Ransom Audiobook by Laramie Briscoe | Rakuten Kobo United States
Google: Ransom by Laramie Briscoe - Audiobooks on Google Play
Bookbub: Ransom by Laramie Briscoe - BookBub
Goodreads: Ransom by Laramie Briscoe | Goodreads
My Review - 4 1/2 of 5 stars -
4 1/2 stars. This was a fun story with a secret relationship and plenty of steam. Stella and Ransom had known each other but decided to see if there was anything between them. Sparks flew but they still wanted to keep it quiet. I definitely enjoyed the animals as well as the emergency cases that came up. The families and response team members worked well together. The relationship between his K-9 and Ransom was very special. There was some danger and violence which had me holding my breath. This was a wonderful story.
The narrators, Ariel Royce and Christopher Rourke, did a great job bringing this story to life. They brought the emotion, tension, and love to these characters.
This is my unsolicited review.



No comments:
Post a Comment