Sunday, May 12, 2024

Book Review: I Think It Might Rain by Rick Marchand, illustrated by Nicole Herbut

 

Blurb

Meet Bartholomew, a curious, kind and sweet third grader. One day, Bartholomew wakes up and is convinced he sees a black cloud forming in the clear blue sky. "I think it might rain," he proclaims. But what happens when his family, friends, and classmates don't believe him? Will he be able to stand up to the bullies who call him names? Will he hold firm in his beliefs?

Amazon: I Think It Might Rain - Kindle edition by Marchand, Rick, Herbut, Nicole. Children Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

B&N: I Think It Might Rain by Rick Marchand, Nicole Herbut, Paperback | Barnes & Noble® (barnesandnoble.com)

Goodreads: I Think It Might Rain by Rick Marchand | Goodreads





My Review - 5 of 5 stars - 

This was a cute story, demonstrating the power of believing in oneself. Bartholomew saw something in the distance and made a decision to be prepared. He was teased and bullied, but believed that he was still right. When it was proven to be true, he was one happy child. I enjoyed the positive support from the adults and the good-natured response of his best friend. Would make a great bedtime story.
I enjoyed the beautiful illustrations by Nicole Herbut.

I received a copy through Goddess Fish Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Teaser: Home for Christmas in July (A Mistletoe Mountain Novel #1) by Melissa F. Miller

Home for Christmas in July   by Melissa F. Miller   Releases on July 25th ! https://geni.us/HomeForChristmasinJuly Available on All Platform...