Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Book Review: Arran's Obsession (Body Count #1) by Jolie Vines

 

Blurb

I never planned to fall for my skeleton-masked captor, but now there’s no turning back.
I hated the gangs that ruled my city.
After my friend was killed and my father vanished, I had no choice but to infiltrate one to figure out why. Entering their infamous club quickly showed me I was in over my head.
Then the most feared gang leader took an interest in me. Arran was corrupt, deadly, and his searing gaze both terrified and tempted me.
In my search for answers, I stumbled into his dark and dangerous game. The result? I belonged to him, with no chance of escape.
In a heartbeat, I became Arran’s obsession. And in a terrible twist, I think he’s becoming mine.
***
Arran’s Obsession is the first book in an interconnected dark romance trilogy featuring a murder mystery, a dark city, an adult entertainment club, and a crew of men who are possessive over what’s theirs.

***
Tropes:

  • A masked gang and an adult club
  • Possessive, damaged men
  • Dangerous play (including free use and predator/prey)
  • Forced proximity
  • Set entirely at night

Check the TWs in the front of the book or on my website if you need to (the list is as long as … it should be, dirty girl).

Amazon: Amazon.com: Arran's Obsession (Body Count, #1) eBook : Vines, Jolie: Kindle Store

Bookbub: Arran’s Obsession (Body Count, #1) by Jolie Vines - BookBub

Goodreads: Arran's Obsession (Body Count #1) by Jolie Vines | Goodreads





My Review - 4 1/2 of 5 stars - 

4 1/2 stars. This was quite a story. It took place a while after the Dark Island Scots series with a character introduced there. Arran was rough around the edges, but he actually had a kind heart though he felt it was frozen. Genevieve struggled to survive and keep her family together and afloat. She ventured into Arran's realm, and nothing was the same for her. There were a lot of dark moments in this story, but there was love, family and support. Prepare to settle in as this was not a quick read. I look forward to the next one.

I received an ARC, and this is my unsolicited review.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Boost: Play Book (L.A. Phantoms #3) by Kat Mizera

Play Book   by Kat Mizera   Available now ! https://geni.us/PlayBook Available on all Platforms From blind date to blindsided… I've been...