Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Audiobook Review: Scar and Burn (Dark Island Scots Volume II, books #3 and #4) by Jolie Vines, narrated by Zara Hampton-Brown and Zachary Webber

 

Blurb

Scar and Burn - the second half of the Dark Island Scots series in a matching, gorgeous boxed set. The concluding part of our steamy, fast paced dark mystery.

Scar
A scar tore his face. Mine would carve his heart.
I’d do anything to save my missing sister, even sell my body to the highest bidder.
Until 
he steals me from my buyer’s mansion.
Camden rescued me, but he won’t let me walk away. Especially when I discover he’s my buyer’s son.
And the strange thing? I can’t even be angry at the sweet, gentle, scarred Scotsman for the terrible thing he did.
Chasing after me will hurt him. And loving him will only leave me with scars.

Burn
I’d wreck his life. For mine, he’d burn down the world.
Jamieson was my penpal.
My first crush. My surf-crazy, impulsive, pyro boy, and the secret I kept from the world.
Until he broke us up before we ever met.
When I discover he’s been imprisoned by an evil man, saving him becomes my only goal.
Except his enemy wants me too.
He was fire and water. With him, I’d either drown or burn.

--

This second volume brings our smexy and thrilling series to a breathtaking finish. Expect high stakes and fiercely passionate scenes between ruthless heroines and reckless heroes.

With nothing left to lose, our tribe of found family have to risk it all to end the war against them.
Please note this series contains darker themes.

Amazon: Scar and Burn: Dark Island Scots Volume II - Kindle edition by Vines, Jolie. Romance Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Audible: Scar and Burn by Jolie Vines - Audiobook - Audible.com

Bookbub: Scar and Burn: Dark Island Scots Volume II by Jolie Vines - BookBub

Goodreads: Scar & Burn (Dark Island Scots #3-4) by Jolie Vines | Goodreads





My Review - 5 of 5 stars - 

I read the books back in 2022 and 2023 when they were first released. Now I listened to the audiobook. The stories still had the power to entertain, and the narration by Zara Hampton-Brown and Zachary Weber was captivating. They did a great job with the many different personalities.

Scar - 11 2022

All I can say is "wow!!" This was one roller coaster of a ride, and I was glad to be part of it. Both Breeze and Scar had such dark experiences to try to overcome, but they found that they worked well together, helped calm each other, and learned to accept good emotions. I was left holding my breath at the end.

Burn - 3 2023

This was a great ending to this series! There were some very dark moments, but the love and support of their "family" helped Summer and Burn find a way to be together. I loved the determination of Summer despite what she had experienced. Burn had his own issues to overcome, but he was able to truly open to Summer. I held my breath many times, laughed and cried with the family, and had a tough time putting this book down.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Boost: Play Book (L.A. Phantoms #3) by Kat Mizera

Play Book   by Kat Mizera   Available now ! https://geni.us/PlayBook Available on all Platforms From blind date to blindsided… I've been...