Thursday, May 16, 2024

Book Review: Delayed by You (Chicago Steel Series #6) by Jessica Buss

 

Blurb

She’s always been his. He’s always been hers. Best friends since they were kids, everyone always assumed they’d end up together. But Rocco and Jasmine forge their own life paths. Despite remaining close, she discovers she needs a break from the life she’s been living in Chicago. When she moves to New York, things change for him. And he panics, thinking he’s lost her forever.

Rocco

Since the day she moved in across the street when we were kids, Jasmine has held my attention with her sparkling green eyes and spunky spirit. She’s independent and headstrong, and I’ve always admired that about her. Hiding behind my bachelor status, no one is the wiser about the secret feelings I harbor for her.

Jasmine

Rocco has always been by my side. Whether it’s making me laugh, teaching me something new, or sharing confidences, he’s been steadfast. When he morphs into a man seemingly overnight, I find it tough to temper my attraction to him. But he doesn’t see me as anything more than a friend.

Amazon: Amazon.com: Delayed By You: Best Friends to Lovers Romance (Chicago Steel Series Book 6) eBook : Buss, Jessica: Kindle Store

Bookbub: Delayed By You: Best Friends to Lovers Romance (Chicago Steel Series Book 6) by Jessica Buss - BookBub

Goodreads: Delayed By You (Chicago Steel #6) by Jessica Buss | Goodreads





My Review - 4 of 5 stars - 

I enjoyed this story. Jasmine and Rocco were best friends, supported each other until life and feelings changed. His passion for hockey led him to the NHL, and his time was taken up there. Jasmine was then left to find her way with only sporadic get togethers. The two did not want to lose their friendship, kept up the long-distance communication, but when they did spend time near each other, the attraction blossomed. To sort out her future, Jasmine left Chicago. As each worked out their hearts' desire, they realized what was important. The story was good, a bit too much back and forth with their true feelings and not speaking up, but overall, an interesting read.

I received a copy through Enticing Journey Book Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blitz: The Button Collector by M.M. Cochran with an excerpt and a giveaway

The Button Collector by M.M. Cochran Release date : September 17th, 2024 Genres : Adult, Psychological Thriller Goodreads :  https://www. go...