Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Book Review: Interfering (Portland Icehawks #4) by Jami Davenport

 

Blurb

Heidi

I've never had a man be kind to me unless he wanted something, so when a gorgeous hockey star shows interest, I don't believe it's genuine. I was a throwaway child of a drug addict and I learned to survive in dark places. Now I'm determined to get my life on track, and I don’t need complications, especially from a drop-dead gorgeous professional hockey player with delusions of rescuing me. I don't need to be rescued by him or anyone else. I'm doing it on my own.

Trent

I'm attracted to Heidi and have been from the moment I saw her. Timid Heidi brings out my protective instincts, but my interest goes beyond that. Sure, I know where she's been and what she's had to do just to stay alive, but instead of disrespecting her, I admire her ability to rise above her unfortunate circumstances.

Heidi's still harboring secrets, and they're driving a wedge between us. And that's not the only wedge, my sisters have invaded my little piece of paradise and set up an animal rescue on my small farm. I don't like chaos, and my sisters don't like Heidi. Not exactly a recipe for a happily ever after, but I'm bound and determined get what I want because losing isn't an option.

Amazon: Interfering: A Fresh Start Hockey Romance (Portland Icehawks Book 4) - Kindle edition by Davenport, Jami, Aguiar, Wander. Literature & Fiction Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

B&N: Interfering: A Fresh Start Hockey Romance by Jami Davenport | eBook | Barnes & Noble® (barnesandnoble.com)

Kobo: Interfering eBook by Jami Davenport - EPUB Book | Rakuten Kobo United States

Google: Interfering: A Fresh Start Hockey Romance by Jami Davenport - Books on Google Play

Bookbub: Interfering by Jami Davenport - BookBub

Goodreads: Interfering (Portland Icehawks #4) by Jami Davenport | Goodreads





My Review - 4 1/2 of 5 stars - 

4 1/2 stars. Heidi was a brave soul. She did what she needed to in order to survive and decided to better herself and her circumstances. Trent overlooked her past, proud of her journey, and was able to love her despite others around him telling him to move on. I enjoyed their story, the secondary characters, even his sisters who were a bit pushy, and the idea of a rescue ranch for all to help with. Trent's teammates were also a hoot. I look forward to the next in the series.

I received a copy through 1852 Media, and this is my unsolicited review.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blitz: A Governess Should Never...Lure a Spy (The Governess Chronicles #4) by Emily Windsor

A Governess Should Never… Lure a Spy Series: The Governess Chronicles – Book 4 by Emily Windsor A Dangerous Spy. An even more Dangerous Gove...