Sunday, August 27, 2023

Book Review: My MVP and Me by Lisa Locklin

 

Blurb

Four-year-old Ross admires his older cousin, Eric, and wants to be just like him. And for good reason—Eric is an excellent role model, a superhero in Ross’s eyes. In My MVP and Me, Ross asks his mom to make him just like Eric. With a little help from his mom, Ross learns that the activities he enjoys with Eric such as playing football, body-slamming, and laughing are just a small part of what it means to be an MVP. Ross learns that he can follow the example of Eric’s attitudes and actions without being just like him in every way: heroes come in all shapes, sizes, and colors!

Amazon: My MVP and Me: Based on a True Story - Kindle edition by Locklin, Lisa . Children Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

B&N: My MVP and Me: Based on a True Story by Lisa Locklin | eBook | Barnes & Noble® (barnesandnoble.com)

Goodreads: My MVP and Me: Based on a True Story by Lisa Locklin | Goodreads





My Review - 5 of 5 stars - 

This was a cute read. I loved the idea of teaching about character rather than looks. The illustrations went well with the aspects of character that were covered on each page. I felt like this story should be read and used to teach children and adults alike. We have the ability to be someone's MVP, but we need to decide to be that person.

I received a copy of this story through RABT Book Tours, and this is my unsolicited review.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Free!!! Jaded: Zane and Honor (Cliffside Bay #3) by Tess Thompson, free for a limited time

Jaded by Tess Thompson is FREE for a limited time!   https://geni.us/Jaded FREE on Kindle Unlimited Blurb :   Her past was devastating. H...