Sunday, July 23, 2023

Book Review: Hooked by You (Chicago Steel #1) by Jessica Buss

 

Blurb

Lucas

She's a goddess in heels. Absolute perfection. Well, almost.
Samantha Fox is the heiress of Fox Sporting, my new management team. As one of the best wings in the NHL, I have never shied away from a challenge, and she is definitely a challenge. But if her company representing me doesn't stop me from wanting her, the fact she's engaged should, right?
But the noticeably absent sparkle from her left ring finger makes me question. I vow to myself that I'll find out what that's all about. And if she's single, I plan to make her mine. Or at least, mine for the night. I just need one taste of the divine.

Samantha

Off-limits. That's what he is. Lucas Bouchard is the prestigious new client acquired by my family's company. From what I know, not only is he an amazing hockey player, but he's a humble and generous philanthropist too. Also, he's a walking aphrodisiac.

It doesn't matter that I've just broken off my engagement to a cheating, using loser. Every time our eyes lock, I find myself captivated. But he's not for me. No matter how many times I remind myself of this, though, it doesn't compute. Plain and simple, I want him. And keeping my distance might prove impossible.

Amazon: Hooked By You: Chicago Steel Series - Kindle edition by Buss, Jessica. Contemporary Romance Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Bookbub: Hooked By You: Chicago Steel Series by Jessica Buss - BookBub

Goodreads: Hooked by You (Chicago Steel #1) by Jessica Buss | Goodreads





My Review - 5 of 5 stars - 

With the re-release of this story, I had an opportunity to give it another shot. I still very much enjoyed Samantha and Lucas. She was independent and good at what she did. She had been hurt by her fiance (now ex) and became unsure of herself. Lucas was a bit cocky, but he was a great teammate, loyal to family, and good at what he did. Misunderstandings made their journey a rocky one. But there were moments of tears and joy. His grand gesture was worthy of this HEA. The issues that had me originally rating this 3 1/2 stars were greatly improved. The story was hard to put down and less distracting.

This is my unsolicited review.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blitz: Conflict of Interest (Pine County #11) by Dean L. Hovey with an excerpt and a giveaway

CONFLICT OF INTEREST by Dean L. Hovey GENRE :  Mystery/Police Procedural BLURB : When the body of a missing cheerleader is found in a ditch,...