Monday, October 7, 2024

Book Review: Silas (Station 47 Series) by Lauren Runow

 

Blurb

Kara
I moved to Nashville to follow my dreams of being a country music singer.
Who would have ever thought I’d meet the love of my life at one of my first shows?
His enthusiasm for my music is evident, but when he gets his sister to invite all of her college friends to my next show, my music career isn’t the only thing soaring through the night.

Silas
I always wanted to be a firefighter, but I never knew how much of a toll it would take on my personal life.
Finding 
the one took a back seat early on, and the thought of having kids was absolutely out of the question. I’ve seen too much heartache, and I would never put myself through the possibility of losing someone I loved.
I’m used to being the hero in everyone else’s story, but I never knew just how much I needed a hero of my own—until I meet her.

Silas is a stand-alone novel in the Station 47 series, shared with seven other amazing authors. It is a surprise-baby, country-music musician, and found-family novel with some sweet, emotional, and spicy times.

Amazon: Amazon.com: Silas: A Station 47 Novel eBook : Runow, Lauren: Kindle Store

Bookbub: Silas: A Station 47 Novel by Lauren Runow - BookBub

Goodreads: Silas: A Station 47 Novel by Lauren Runow | Goodreads





My Review - 4 1/2 of 5 stars - 

4 1/2 stars. Kara had such strength to leave her family and travel to Nashville, following her dream. She conquered her fear in order to perform in front of an audience. She was intelligent, determined, and talented. Silas fell as soon as he heard her sing. He had to fight through a lot of his past issues in order to realize it. Their journey kept me reading with its ups, downs, tearful moments, and plenty of smiles. Well worth the read.

I received a copy through Enticing Journey Book Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Tour: Side Launch by Brock Martin with an excerpt, a giveaway and my review

SIDE LAUNCH by Brock Martin GENRE :  Historical Fiction BLURB : 1939, Canada unprepared but defiant, declares war on Germany and mass produc...