Sunday, February 5, 2023

Book Review: To Reject a Mate (Redwood University #1) by Poppy Ireland

 

Blurb

Welcome to Redwood University, where the creatures that go bump in the night really do exist… and they’re hiding in plain sight.

Attending a small college in the middle of nowhere was never my plan, but when I was offered free tuition and the promise of an excellent education, that plan changed.

It would’ve been nice to know I would be one of the only humans on campus.

It’d be even better if a certain bossy shifter didn’t claim me as his fated mate.

Alexei is arrogant, acrimonious, and the worst A-word of them all: an alpha.

But I can’t deny the way my body responds to him. No matter how many warning flags are waving around in my head, we gravitate toward one another. It’s primal. Passionate.

Painful.

Because regardless of what the fates think, or the supposed destiny we share… Alexei and I could never be.

So, if Alexei won’t reject our bond… I’ll have to do it for him.


*To Reject a Mate is the first book in the Redwood University Trilogy. It cannot be read as a standalone and ends in a cliffhanger. If possessive heroes, who occasionally turn into wolves, and sassy, headstrong heroines are your jam, you’ve come to the right place. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride into this exciting new paranormal world.

Amazon: To Reject a Mate: A Fated Mates Shifter Romance (Redwood University Book 1) - Kindle edition by Ireland, Poppy . Paranormal Romance Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Bookbub: To Reject a Mate: A Fated Mates Shifter Romance (Redwood University Book 1) by Poppy Ireland - BookBub

Goodreads: 





My Review - 4 of 5 stars - 

This story had quite a few twists and surprises as it played out. Nicole learned some things about herself, but she accepted what little information given. She was strong and determined, and relatively innocent. Alexei fought what was fated until the pull was too strong, though he got caught up in others' plans. I found him quite arrogant but ultimately protective and loyal despite the shenanigans. The story did not end here, but I loved how Nicole steeled herself for the upcoming fight.

I received an ARC of this story, and this is my unsolicited review.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Makeover Reveal: Silent Screams (The Hollow Series #1) by M.H.B. with a giveaway

Silent Screams by M.H.B. Release date : September 19th, 2024 Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance Goodreads :  https://www.goodreads.com/boo...