Monday, September 2, 2024

Excerpt: Mended Hearts (Broken and Mended #2) by Erika Ashby



𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐏𝐓 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 ☞ Mended Hearts (Broken & Mended Series Book 2) by @AuthorEAshby is releasing 9.29 

#PreOrder today
☞ https://mybook.to/Mended_Hearts_EA

#TBR ☞ https://bit.ly/4dp5NYU
#Bookbub ☞ https://bit.ly/42xVGNn

πŸ“• π„𝐗𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐏𝐓 πŸ“•

“HOW LONG HAVE you been having nightmares?” I open my eyes, trying to focus on the nurse in my room. I push the button, elevating my bed into a sitting position. 

“What makes you think I've been having nightmares?” I ask before taking a drink out of my now lukewarm water. My throat is dry and scratchy. Must be the meds.

She walks up to the side of the bed, and I lean forward a bit so she’s able to readjust my pillow. “Your heart rate increases, your body begins to tremble, followed by beads of sweat near your hairline. You shake your head back and forth, and when you finally do wake up, it's as if you’re startled.” She takes a step back, eyeing me, waiting for an answer. 

I contemplate telling her the truth, but then think what the hell and decide the truth won't affect a stranger. “I only have nightmares when I'm awake. Sleep is the only time I'm able to escape them, for the most part.” I attempt a shrug. 

She looks at me with a faint expression of sympathy. It leaves as quickly as it came. 

“Then why do you seem scared if they aren't nightmares?” She pulls up a chair and starts to slowly pull off the dressings. I wince as I bite through the twinge of pain. For the most part, I’m so medicated it doesn’t bother me, not until they have to change the dressings on it. 

I take a deep breath before releasing a heavy sigh. “Because sometimes dreaming about something you once had and knowing you'll never have it again is frightening to come to terms with.”  

She nods, and I see understanding in her eyes. 

Since being in the hospital, all I seem to do is dream about her…what we had…what I miss…what I will never have again. It’s as if my subconscious mind is playing out the time we had together on a constant loop, reminding me why I’m here in the first place. 

Just like the meaning of her name, a repetition of sound, everything about her ripples through my soul. But unlike her name, the vibrations never cease. To this very day, they’re still very much moving throughout my mind, my heart, and every fiber within me. 

The love I feel for this girl is an untamable force of nature just waiting to be unleashed again. It calls out to me, begging for one more chance. Except the one thing I want more than anything in the world is unattainable. 


πŸ”₯ π’𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’ π“πŽπƒπ€π˜ ~ 𝐊𝐒𝐧𝐝π₯𝐞 𝐔𝐧π₯𝐒𝐦𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐝
Broken Wings (Broken & Mended Book #1)
☞ https://mybook.to/Broken_Wings_EA

#MendedHeartsExcerptBlast #MendedHeartsErikaAshby #ExcerptBlast #Excerpt #BrokenAndMendedSeries #SeptemberRelease #ComingSoon #AmazonPreOrder #ErikaAshyAuthor #MilitaryRomance #ContemporaryRomance #EnticingJourney




Hosted by Enticing Journey Book Promotions 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Makeover Reveal: Silent Screams (The Hollow Series #1) by M.H.B. with a giveaway

Silent Screams by M.H.B. Release date : September 19th, 2024 Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance Goodreads :  https://www.goodreads.com/boo...