Monday, August 19, 2024

Excerpt Reveal: Mended Hearts (Broken and Mended Series #2) by Erika Ashby



Mended Hearts (Broken & Mended Series Book 2) by Erika Ashby is releasing 9.29

#PreOrder today
☞ https://mybook.to/Mended_Hearts_EA

#TBR ☞ https://bit.ly/4dp5NYU
#Bookbub ☞ https://bit.ly/42xVGNn

📕 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐏𝐓 📕
I stare at the letter in my hand as if I’ve never seen words on paper before. As if I’m trying to brand every single one of them in my brain so I can play it on repeat. I want to scar her words onto my heart, so I never forget them – in case I never receive them again. I stare and stare trying to decipher this feeling. It’s foreign and somewhat obtrusive. My instinct is to fight it off. To be impenetrable. But something within is going to battle against that logic.
“Holy shit,” someone snickers. All eyes are on me as I’ve seemed to become the entertainment. “Adams is smiling.”
“No, I’m not,” I say, straightening my mouth.
“You can’t bullshit a bullshitter,” Daniels says, strutting toward me. “Who’s got you smiling?” His eyes drop to the letter in my hand, and I quickly fold and tuck it in the envelope.
“Your mom.” I sit back down to reassemble my gun. “You didn’t know we had a thing?” A look of disgust washes over his face and I snicker. He mumbles something about me being nasty as he retreats. I catch Brian sitting quietly, looking my way. He received mail, too, and I wonder what his wife had to say to him. He seems to be lost in thought, but his doesn’t put a smile on his face like mine did.
Reality slowly returns, sobering my thoughts. She’s married. Her husband is here. She was just being kind. Checking on me like one would an old friend. An old friend. That is what we had reduced one another to at Dax’s award ceremony. Whatever her reasoning may be, that’s what I have to tell myself. False hope or happiness are things I can’t afford to creep in and cloud my judgement.

🔥 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘 ~ 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝
Broken Wings (Broken & Mended Book #1)
☞ https://mybook.to/Broken_Wings_EA

#MendedHeartsExcerptBlast #MendedHeartsErikaAshby #ExcerptBlast #Excerpt #BrokenAndMendedSeries #SeptemberRelease #ComingSoon #AmazonPreOrder #ErikaAshyAuthor #MilitaryRomance #ContemporaryRomance #EnticingJourney




Hosted by Enticing Journey Book Promotions


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Makeover Reveal: Silent Screams (The Hollow Series #1) by M.H.B. with a giveaway

Silent Screams by M.H.B. Release date : September 19th, 2024 Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance Goodreads :  https://www.goodreads.com/boo...